Based in Berlin, Germany
Steam ( PC )
The Fermi Paradox is a galactic, choice-driven narrative strategy game in which your decisions in one corner of the galaxy can upend entire civilizations in another. Guide alien species through millennia, help them explore the vastness of space, learn their own shortcomings and, ultimately... make contact.
We are a team of indie game developers in Berlin, based at the Saftladen Game Collective. We work to make thought-provoking, inspiring and progressive games, and hope to offer a new take on the space sim genre. The Fermi Paradox is our first game together, but we’ve already made our fair share of video games. Our team members have worked on titles such as Spec Ops: The Line, Kane and Lynch 2, The Captain is Dead, Dreadnought and Sunset.
- Galactic God game: Play as galactic gardener rather than a single faction, guiding up to 10 civilizations simultaneously
- Choice-driven gameplay: Every event presents three choices that change the course of history – every decision matters, and consequences ripple across millennia
- Many unique alien species: From nightmarish deep sea creatures to graceful sapient plant-beings, there are even strange hairless mammals called Humans
- 400 different civilization-development events: Each event tells its own story and provides new choices that impact the story of that civilization – be it apocalyptic floods, sexual revolutions or conscious interstellar warships.
- Distinctive societies within starships and colonies: Life on a generation ship or on an unknown planet poses different challenges and special narrative events.
- Play again and again: Each play-through tells a different story and has its own ending. Will the people of that galaxy unite? Will they wipe out one another in a galactic war? Or will they perish, still alone, never really knowing that other alien life forms existed?
Steam Announcement Trailer ( 2021 ) YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "But what’s here so far shows great potential for fun and thoughtful emergent storytelling. I look forward to what’s possible in a complete game, guiding many civilizations from prehistory to the interstellar age. Fans of science fiction and big-picture strategy games should definitely keep listening for the signals."
- Nicholas Montegriffo, PCInvasion
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Anomaly Games
We are making The Fermi Paradox , a galactic, choice-driven narrative strategy game in which your decisions in one corner of the galaxy can upend entire civilizations in another. Guide alien species through millennia, help them explore the vastness of space, learn their own shortcomings and, ultimately... make contact.
More information on Anomaly Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fermi Paradox Credits
Game Design, Programming, Producing
Lesley Suzanne Dean
Writer , Editor
Writer , Editor, Voice